5 Ways Companies Can Use Books To Boost Their Business
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA – (November 28, 2011) – According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are roughly 27.5 million businesses in this country. Many of these small businesses are run by one person. In fact, only 6 million of those businesses have any employees. But small businesses can still get noticed in this sea of companies in a variety of ways, one of which is writing and publishing their own business books.
“People who have taken advantage of publishing their own business book know the value it brings,” explains Sarah Gilbert, a director at Lulu (www.lulu.com), a self-publishing company. “There are many good reasons to self publish your own business book, but none is greater than the fact that it is an effective way to help grow your business.”
Here are 5 ways that companies can use their own self-published books to build their business:
1. Credibility. One of the most effective ways to become established as an expert in the field is to write and publish a book. Doing so will give you instant credibility in most people’s eyes. Being established as an expert in the field will have a positive impact in boosting your business.
2. Helpfulness. Potential customers need information. If your business offers a helpful book, they are more likely to choose you to work with. They will trust your company after reading the book, which will make them more comfortable doing business with you.
3. Sales. Those who come across your book without having known about your business may end up becoming a new customer. The book gives you the ability to tap into new customers, thus increasing your sales.
4. Contacts. Many businesses that are seizing online marketing opportunities are offering e-books in effort to establish an initial contact with potential customers. If people are interested in your book, there is a good chance they may be a quality prospect.
5. Marketing. One of the most effective ways to use self-published business books is to help build your brand. It can get your business name out there and help establish branding.
Businesses that create their own business book in their field have several options for getting it out to customers and prospects. They can use it as a leave-behind when they have meetings, send it out to business journalists in the area, offer it to customers or prospects that they are trying to land, as a sales and marketing tool, or even sell it at events and conferences.
“Books are a great way to boost your business, as long as you have put out a professional one that offers something of value to readers,” adds Gilbert. “It’s an effective way to become a leader in your field and help take your business to the next level.”
Lulu provides a self-publishing format that gives authors the ability to publish everything from their own books and cookbooks to calendars. The service is provided free, and authors retain all rights, as well as 80 percent of all profits from sales. To learn more about using Lulu’s publishing tools, log onto www.lulu.com.
Lulu.com, founded in 2002, is a company that specializes in open publishing. Founded by Bob Young, the company has 1.1 million creators and has 20,000 titles added to their collection each month. They offer their free service to authors in exchange for a small percentage of profits from each sale. Lulu provides anyone with the ability to publish books, eBooks, mini-books, photo books, calendars, cookbooks, and travel books. To learn more, visit the website at www.lulu.com.
# # #
U.S. Small Business Administration. FAQ.